Monday, March 4, 2013

Do you like Green Eggs and Ham?

For Seuss Day, our cafeteria staff provides a breakfast of...you guessed it...green eggs and ham. And yes, Sam, most really do seem to like it.
The Seuss hair was great fun...it added yet a little more character to the already overflowing personalities in our room:)


For snack, we had Beezlenut Splash and Green Egg pretzels.....


And students made up their own rhyming versions of "There's a Wocket in my Pocket"...such as this cofa on the sofa!
We interviewed each other to find out which Seuss books were the favorites.

and we also graphed the findings.
And to back up a couple of weeks to Valentine's Day, let me just tell you that these kids have this special day all figured out.  Everybody gets cards, everybody gets candy, and everybody has a good time. And I feel happy indeed to know that when I go to work, despite anything else, I do feel LOVED by this little bunch of sweethearts. I appreciate all the sweet cards, flowers, candy, hugs and "I love you's"! It was truly a fun day, full of caring. They all made boxes to hold their valentines...all original, just like them.

(His shirt says "Most Eligible Bachelor"....love it:)













I feel lucky to face these sweet smiles every day, along with sincere hugs and raw enthusiasm, not just for learning but for just about everything...We got new desks in our classroom and one would have thought we had all won new cars! Every holiday is a reason to celebrate, every loose tooth, every AR goal, or sight word list passed...so many things to be happy about every day. It's a nosiy place, but it's a happy place and I am glad to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment