Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fun Friday at Camp Raby

Last Friday, we went on a "hike" behind the school to observe animal habitats and types of plants.  To continue our camping theme, this past Friday we took a walk to the butterfly garden and observed types of insects we found there. (We used our "magic binoculars" and went back to class and wrote about our findings.)


We also had a picnic, where we found plenty of insects unintentionally...probably not the best idea I've ever had, but it was fun for a short while:)




For snack, we had "campfire" cookies and sat around the lantern reading camp stories for rest and digest time.




 We also did a sequencing activity on "how to make a S'more".

We've survived the transition to first grade well, made new friends, and had fun learning about each other.  We'll have one more week of "Camping" and I'll let you know this week what our theme for September might be!








1 comment:

  1. I love the magic binoculars! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete